With summer just around the corner the time feels right to share the Clubs summer riding calendar. There are some great opportunities for you to test yourself, try something new, get fitter and stronger or just enjoy cycling and socialising with your fellow Club members
Sunday ride summer structure
This begins again on the 2nd April. Same as before with rides leaving the Market square at 7.30am and 9.45am. The full summer ride library will shortly be available on the Web site.
Clubs Social ride
A popular addition last year and will be starting again on the 6th June. The rides will be leaving from the Fighting Cocks at 7pm and cover about 25 miles at steady pace followed by refreshments, so bring some beer money.
Events start on the 2nd May at North Weald Air Field - registration opens at 7.45 racing starts a 7pm..
Mid week Club ride, leaving the Market Square at 9.15am
MTB and Road circuit riding at Carver Barracks
A first for our calendar and a great opportunity to make use of the fantastic on and off road facilities at the Barracks. The MTB course has been custom built and is used by MSG for their events, a great way to develop your skills or introduce yourself to the world of MTB. The Barracks also now has a 1 mile road circuit which will give us a great opportunity to work on some skills, drills and have some competitive fun
Mid week Club ride , leaving the Market Square at 9.15am
Walden Velo on Tour
On top of this there are 7 local (ish) events from April - September where it would be great to see as many members as possible taking part....they are
- April 15th ................... Day trip to the Peak District (WV organised)
- May 7th ..................... Suffolk Sunrise 100
- June 4th .................... Tour of Cambridge
- July 9th ..................... Carnival Sportive. (keep an eye out for Dans email)
- August 12th ................ Fish &Chip ride to Wells next to Sea (WV organised)
- September3rd.(TBC) . Tour of the cornfields (CX and MTB)
- September 24th ......... Autumn Leaves
Watch out for further updates here and on the Facebook pages
See you on the road
On behalf of the Walden Velo Committee